A ministry for 55+ that teaches to put Jesus first, others second, and yourself last.
WELCOME TO THE J.O.Y. CLUB!
At Franklin Heights Church, we truly value Senior Adults. That’s why we invest so much into our dynamic Senior Adult Ministry, The J.O.Y. Club. We are a loving and caring fellowship that knows true joy comes from putting Jesus, first. Others, second. And, Yourself, last. If you’re 55 or older, we invite you to be a part of our special activities:
- J.O.Y. Club Luncheon Meetings—Held monthly on the fourth Tuesday of each month in the Fellowship Hall. You don’t want to miss these inspirational times of music, a Bible message, and a program geared towards a wide range of interest. Call the church office at 540-483-9507 to make a reservation or sign up at one of our Welcome Centers.
- Excursions—Bus excursions, both day trips and overnight travels, are a fun part of The J.O.Y. Club.
- Missions Support & Activities—Helping to meet the needs of those in our community, J.O.Y Club members help collect and prepare food bags for local families. Every Monday, volunteers gather to perform various handyman and maintenance tasks, as well as providing older adults with special assistance or home repairs. Each month, a designated need is met at our luncheon meeting. We sponsor an annual blood drive and support Franklin Heights Church sponsored mission trips and local groups like the Franklin County Free Clinic and Women’s Center.
- Apples of Gold—Each month on every third Wednesday, a special event is planned for our church members who are widows. This includes a trip or activity and a nice meal.
- Homebound Ministry—The J.O.Y. Club works hard to keep in contact with those who can no longer participate in church activities. Not only do we make regular visits, we also remember special days like birthdays, anniversaries, and holidays.
Bobby Young, Pastor of Discipleship & Senior Adults
firstname.lastname@example.org | 540.483.9507 ext. 13