At Franklin Heights Church we believe the purpose of church-related weddings is not simply to provide a site and officiate for marriages— it’s to help establish Christian homes with Biblical values that both honor and serve our Lord Jesus Christ.
Wedding Policy and Information
“Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh.” Matthew 19:5
At Franklin Heights Church, it is our desire to help establish Christian homes with Biblical values that both honor and serve our Lord Jesus Christ.
Specific Requirements for being Married at Franklin Heights Church
- Both the bride and groom must individually confess Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. FHC does not marry unbelievers, nor do they join a believer to a non-believer in marriage.
- Franklin Heights Church requires either the bride or groom to be a member of the Franklin Heights fellowship. FHC does not host non-member weddings.
- FHC will not marry couples who are living together or those who are physically intimate. Couples involved in this manner must move apart and covenant to abstain from a sexual relationship until their wedding day.
- All couples are required to go through premarital counseling with their officiating pastor prior to the wedding.
- All couples must have been dating for a minimum of six months prior to the wedding date.
- Remarriages will not be performed for at least one year from the time the divorce is legally finalized.
- The wedding ceremony, either formal or informal, will be done in a worshipful manner. The pastor, working with the couple, will assist in accomplishing this.
- If a wedding planner or bridal consultant is used, he or she will work with the pastor on all aspects of the ceremony. They do not have authority to overrule a decision by the pastor.
- If an outside pastor will be used in part of the service, he must first be approved by the FHC pastoral staff.
Floral and Decorations:
- Appropriate measures must be taken to provide protection that keeps candle wax from dripping on the carpet and furniture.
- Sticky tape may not be used on the furniture, pews, or walls.
- The pulpit and the pastoral chairs are the only furniture items that may be moved from the platform area. All orchestra and music equipment must remain undisturbed.
- Decorations must be removed immediately following the wedding ceremony. Any trash generated at the event must be removed as well.
- No alcoholic beverages of any kind may be served or consumed on church premises.
- There will be no smoking or use of tobacco products inside church facility.
- Birdseed or rice may not be used. Some use wedding bubbles upon the exit of the bride and groom.
- Dancing is not allowed in the church facility.
- The organ is not available to outside musicians unless first cleared through the music department.
- The sound system may only be used by the trained music staff of FHC who shall be paid for his/her time.
Fees may be required for the services of the Pianist, the Organist, custodial support and the Sound Technician. Please Note: While it is not mandatory, it is a generous and customary gesture to provide the officiating pastor with a monetary gift.
The Ministry Offices of Franklin Heights Church are located on the Rocky Mount Campus and may be accessed from the front parking lot.
Our mailing address is:
Franklin Heights Church
110 Hilltop Drive
Rocky Mount, VA 24151